Sunday, May 29, 2011
Apocalyptic Pizza Party
Here is a smattering of photos of the evening.
I brought fixings for Thai Chicken Pizza- recipes and such are below.
Toppings spread included: sausage, pepperoni, bacon (2 kinds), chicken, smoked salmon, caramelized onions, green and black olives, spinach, basil, cilantro, peppers, artichokes, mozzarella, feta, blue cheese, cheddar cheese...
With Alfredo, pesto, red sauce, peanut sauce, olive oil and BBQ sauce.
A small sampling of the creations
We also brought fixing's for dessert pizza (go big or go home situation) i.e. grilled fruit, nutella, chocolate, toasted nuts and strawberries. Connie also made a banana pound cake that was then grilled and served under the fruit.
Mag's Pizza Dough
1 1/2c Flour
1 Tbs oil
1 package yeast
Combine all ingredients and knead for 4 minutes.
Let rise for 10 mins, covered.
Roll out dough, oil both sides and put on grill. Grill one side, put your sauce/toppings on the grilled side then put it back on the grill.
Thai Chicken Pizza
1/2 stick butter
2 cloves of garlic- minced
2 tsp dried red pepper (or more, depending on your heat preference)
1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
1 Tbs soy sauce
1/2 can chicken broth
1/4 c orange juice
- saute the butter, garlic and red pepper
- whisk in the peanut butter and soy sauce
- mix in the chicken broth and orange juice
Note- this makes more sauce then you'll need for the pizza. I ate the rest with a spoon, but I hear it's good on noodles.
1 carrot- grated
3 green onions- chopped
1 red pepper- chopped
Fresh Basil- minced
Fresh Cilantro- minced
- Saute the chicken in the peanut sauce (or you could marinate it in the peanut sauce overnight, and then saute it. I didn't have the forethought)
- Spread the peanut sauce on the crust (grilled side)
- Put the chicken, mozzarella, onions, carrots and red pepper on the crust. Grill until crust is done and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the bean sprouts, basil, cilantro and peanuts over the pizza.
Music arena- there were some competing playlists between Alex and Val. The former's including Lady Gaga, TI and co. The latter's was a Pandora station of The Rapture.
It was an interesting mix.