Saturday, May 21, 2011

Summer Salad Season!



Summer in Juneau means that there is decent produce and it's available most always. Simple pleasures.

I plan on taking full advantage of this phenomenon, starting with this avocado and grapefruit salad with a lemon-balsamic dressing. (PS- I'm keeping my eye out for that vegetable cart that was by Fred's last summer, has anyone heard if they are coming back?)

It includes:
Spinach, sliced carrots, avocado, grapefruit chunks, cucumber and sliced almonds.

Lemon-Balsamic Dressing-
4 tbs Olive Oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste.



I was listening to our local contemporary music station- KXLL.
I'm surprised I haven't given them a shout out before now, they're pretty excellent.

2 comments:

  1. This salad looks delicious! I am going to have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany! It's pretty bomb.

    ReplyDelete