Friday, October 28, 2011

I am the God of Granola!

That's right. You heard me. I am
This is also a shout out to the God of Cake- Check it out here

I've been in a big make my own everything kick. I like controlling/being able to pronounce what goes into my food.

Enjoy this tried and tested Granola Recipe. Then bow down to it's master.



Granola
3 c oats
1 c chopped nuts- I used almonds and cashews
1 c pumpkin seeds
1 c shredded coconut
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 c honey (or Agave syrup)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 c dried fruit- I used raisins, craisins and crystallized ginger.


Cover sheet with foil/parchment paper
Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and spices in a large bowl.
Heat the honey and oil over the stove until smooth, pour over the oats, toss to coat and spread out over the pan.
Bake at 350 for 40 mins, stirring every 10 mins. Let cool

Ginger gives this a really good kick.
Stirring it is very important, or else it'll burn. And then you'll feel my wrath.




Bjork's new album, Biophilla- It began as a collection of songs written about themes of nature,  science and our relationships to them. But of course, Bjork is a go big or go home type of gal, so she also explored how people explore and collaborate with the music. She designed an Ipad app where users could manipulate and remix her songs. It's not really an album, it's a "digital environment." Having researched it after listening, I think it's an album more about the statement that it's making than the music. But that being said, the album still stands on it's own. It doesn't deserve the multi-tasking, distracted listen I gave it. So I'm going to go turn off all the lights, flip on the lava lamp and give it another, full attention listen. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment