Sunday, November 6, 2011

Short bread cookies

Shortbread Cookies (from Chef Magnus Nilsson)
2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
10 1/2 tbsp butter- room temp
1 egg- room temp
1 egg yolk- room temp
3 tbsp raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 400
whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl, add butter, mash it in using your fingers until a meal forms.
Whisk egg and yolk in a bowl, add to flour, mix to blend.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll balls of dough (about 2 tbsp worth) (it's very very crumbly, it'll take a while to form a cohesive ball. Be patient). Place on prepared sheets, make hole with your finger on the top. Fill hole with raspberry jam.
Bake for about 12-14 mins. Cool on a rack.

Now, you may be thinking to yourself," that recipe looks great! But, I really need a picture to seal the deal."
I have to apologize, dear KDP aficionados.
In my excitement over baking these amazing cookies, I forgot to take pictures.
So instead of knowing what they look like, just imagine that when you are eating them, your taste buds feel like this:


This tasty firework display is well accompanied with the sweet tune-age of James Blake, a producer/electronic music maker from London. It's pretty amazing, the texture of the arrangements, layering voices, acapella and synthesized, dubstep, chord shifts and drums. 

I'm just discovering London's electronic scene and though it's a shame it's taken me so long, I am very excited for unearthing gems. If you have any good ones, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment