|Proficient at Photoshop is listed as one of my special skills.|
That's more like it.
Tofu, Quinoa and Vegetable Pilaf
Chili Garlic Sauce
-Press the tofu (Lay the tofu on paper towels, put towels over the block, put a weighted object on the tofu and let sit for 15 mins. Gets some of the water out so it'll take in more of the marinade).
- Cut the tofu into blocks
- Put all ingredients in a bag/container, add in the tofu. The longer you let it sit, the better.
- When ready, saute the tofu over medium high heat until brown-ish.
Quinoa and Vegetable Pilaf
1 1/2 c quinoa
1 c vegetable broth
2 c frozen peas, thawed
5 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1 garlic clove
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large leek, thinly sliced
3/4 c chopped shallots
8 oz fresh shittake mushrooms, thickly sliced
14 oz asparagus, cut into 1 in pieces.
-Boil 2 1/2 c water. Add quinoa and 1 tsp salt. Return to boil, then turn to low heat, cover and let simmer for 15 mins.
- Puree the broth, 1 c peas, garlic and 4 Tbsp mint in a blender to make a paste (if you don't have a blender, do as I do and just mash with a spoon until you get bored and call it good).
|One thing I need to schlep: a blender|
- Put olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add leak and shallots. Saute until soft and light brown.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus, saute until mushrooms are tender and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Mix in puree, tofu and 1c peas. Stir until heated through.
- Add quinoa. Stir to coat.
Wilco has a new album: I haven't listened yet.
Clap Your Hands has a new album: I haven't listened.
Bjork has a new album: I haven't listened.
I'm rocking out to this: