Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lemon-Lime Basil Shortbread

If you haven't deduced by now, I like weird things in my baked goods.
So when I saw this recipe in Bon Appetit, I just had to.
They're actually pretty good, basil works in baked goods form.
Next time though, I'd add in a little more lime zest.





Lemon-Lime Basil Shortbread
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c chilled butter, cut into 1/2 in cubes
2 TBS fresh basil leaves, sliced
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lime zest
1/2 tsp kosher salt
White sugar (optional)

-Preheat oven to 375.
-Put everything in your handy food processor (if you don't have one, sorry, you're SOL).
-Pulse until large, moist clumps form.
-Roll tablespoon sized balls, place on baking sheet.
-Lightly dust the bottom of a glass/measuring cup with powdered sugar, press the cookies into discs.
-Sprinkle tops with sugar
-Bake until edges are brown, about 18 mins.



Music Land-
I've been in a Flight of the Conchords mood. Probably just need a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment