Thursday, July 28, 2011

Corny

I am so ecstatic to have a kitchen again. I missed cooking a lot.

I failed on a couple of different promises:
I did not eat any blog worthy scones,
I didn't make any really crazy cafeteria concoctions
and
I didn't steal any mashed potatoes.
Fail.

Roasted Corn and Black Bean salad-thing
Bet you didn't realize I'm a genius when it comes to getting corn off the cob. 


6 ears of corn, unhusked.
2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
1 can whole black beans
1 TBS butter
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
red pepper flakes
1 cup cheese- Manchego, Asigo or Parmesan, grated
1 lime, cut into wedges
lime zest
chives






- Preheat oven to 450, roast the unhusked corn on a baking sheet for 15 mins, until heated through. Cool, shuck and cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Heat oil in a skillet, saute the corn and beans, 3-5 mins. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Throw corn/bean mix in a bowl, sprinkle with jalapeno, red pepper flakes, cheese, chives and zest. Squeeze lime juice over it.


Spinning:
Wye Oak's latest album, Civilian. Especially the track "Holy Holy. "
But the slow build of the album lets me find new things every time I hear it, and leaves me wanting more.

Also, if this isn't the best thing you've ever heard, we can't be friends.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2011/07/28/138789922/andrew-bird-summons-the-spirit-of-kermit-the-frog

No comments:

Post a Comment