It's futile, but here is an attempt at healthier cookies.
They taste pretty good, they're very light.
I'm getting closer.
1 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 TBS butter, room temp
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c mashed bananas (2 small ones)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c oats
3/4 c bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 c toasted walnuts, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil (VERY IMPORTANT).
- mix together flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Mash peanut butter and banana together. Add to the butter/sugar mix.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to banana/butter concoction (don't worry, it should look like barf).
- Stir flour, oats and banana mix until just combined
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts, combine.
- Make into a cookie shape (about 1 TBS size) and put on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 mins, until brown around the edges. Don't burn them. Let cool on the sheet.
Eat all of them. Because they are healthy.
Nothing suits late night baking better than Old Crow Medicine Show.
They were just on A Prairie Home Companion, major points in my book.