I'm sorry I haven't posted in a month.
It's not a good excuse, but I was in Alaska, working on THE BLUE BEAR with Perseverance Theatre in Anchorage.
Being on tour meant that I ate out a lot.
Eating out in Alaska for a vegetarian is surprisingly difficult.
I pretty much lived off oatmeal, rice and beans, potatoes and soup.
So really it wasn't that much different from my poor intern in NY diet.
This is a quick post.
I should be writing summer residency applications.
So here is some "fried" rice.
And an introduction to my newest addition to the condiment shelf- Braggs Liquid Aminos.
Almost as good as sriracha.
4 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Amino's
2 Tbsp Peanut Sauce
2 Tbsp Tahini
12 oz extra firm tofu
1 tbsp olive oil
- Press the tofu block (place it on paper towels, put paper towels and a weight on top, let sit for 15 mins (To press out some of the water, so the marinade can take it's place)).
- Mix the ingredients in a jar.
- Cut the tofu into bite sized piece, place in marinade. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 12 hours (the longer the better).
- heat olive oil over medium- high in a non-stick pan. Place the tofu in it, with the extra marinade. Cook for about 10 minutes, until both sides are browned.
1 onion- chopped
2 Tbsp fresh ginger- minced
4 cloves garlic- minced
1 bushel fresh spinach
2 c snow peas
1/2 c corn kernels
1/2 c edamame beans- shelled
3 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (you could use soy sauce, but where's the fun in that?)
1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat, in a wok. Cook onions for 5 minutes. Add in ginger and garlic, cook for 4 mins.
- Throw spinach and snow peas into the wok, saute for 5 mins, until the spinach is wilted. Add in the corn and beans, cook for 4 minutes.
-Throw in the rice, red pepper flakes, Braggs Liquid Aminos and 1/4 c water. Mix everything over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
Leonard Cohen's newest album, OLD IDEAS.
I like it. Cohen has always been in my "drink PBR, sit in a hammock and cry" mix. You can't get anything better than that raspy deep voice.
but he's almost happy in this album. It's a bit off putting.
Nothing beats this:
Also, albums that are dropping this spring that I'm so excited I could pee:
Andrew Bird (!!!!)
Carolina Chocolate Drops
and many, many more.